This can be applied to choosing your wedding colors. There are tons of color combinations to consider and this task may be overwhelming at first. Before you panic, consider these wedding color mistakes:
• Colors that are too trendy. Which colors do you naturally gravitate towards- are you a bright color person? Neutral color person? Do you gravitate towards warm colors? Or maybe cool colors? Pick a color palate that you will be happy with when you look back at your pictures.
• Colors that don’t match your venues. You will also want to consider the “look and feel” for your big day. A simple and traditional wedding will require different colors than a modern and fun wedding. Another point to consider is your venue- will your colors match?
• Colors that are predictable. Your wedding is your day, not a holiday. Stick away from predictable color combinations such as red, white and blue or red and green.
After you determine the color direction you want to go in, you will find that incorporating these colors into your wedding can get really creative. You may choose to bring your wedding colors to your bridal party, your cake, flowers or other wedding decorations. The most important thing to remember is that you are getting married, and this is your day, so do what makes you happy!
If you are still looking for some color scheme suggestions, try these five fail proof color scheme options:
1. Orange and green. This is a great option for a summer or spring wedding. The bright orange will pop against the fresh green. This is a good choice for an outdoor wedding.
2. Pink and brown. This popular choice incorporates a bright color and is balanced by the neutral brown. If you plan to incorporate your color into your flowers, there are many pink flower options.
3. Purple and blue. This cool color combination is great for the summer or spring. If you were going for a “cool and relaxing” feel this would be an option.
4. Black and white. This traditional color combination will work for any season. Black and white is modern, elegant, fresh and timeless. Most popular: White bridesmaid dresses by Weddington Way
5. Yellow and gray. Another option with a bright color with balance from a neutral color. Gray is becoming more and more popular as it offers a neutral color but it less intense than black.